1. In the experiment we kept a watchful eye ________ the developments and recorded every detail.
A) in B) at C) for D) on
2. There’s little chance that mankind would ________ a nuclear war.
A) retain B) endure C) maintain D) survive
3. Nuclear science be developed to benefit the people ________ harm them.考生如果怕自己錯過考試報名時間和考試時間的話，可以 免費預約短信提醒，屆時會以短信的方式提醒大家報名和考試時間。
A) more than B) other than C) rather than D) better than
4. They usually have less money at the end of the month than ________ at the beginning.
A) which is B) which was C) they have D) it is
5. In the course of a day students do far more than just ________ classes.
A) attend B) attended C) to attend D) attending
6. The French pianist who had been praised very highly ________ to be a great disappointment.
A) turned up B) turned in C) turned out D) turned down
7. Many difficulties have ________ as a result of the change over to a new type of fuel.
A) risen B) arisen C) raised D) arrived
8. He made such a ________ contribution to the university that they are naming one of the new buildings after him.
A) genuine B) minimum C) modest D) generous
9. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, of course, made the others jealous.
A) who B) that C ) what D) which
10. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly ________.
A) gaps B) intervals C) length D) distance
【答案】1-10 DDCCA CBDDB